Thursday, May 19, 2011

One Day at a Time

That first drink, the hotness of it slowly going down my throat warming my whole body from the inside out. The taste, the smell, the utter joy of it once it touches my lips. I am sure that I literally close my eyes as I sip the dark liquid careful not to burn my tongue. What could this drink be that brings me such pure bliss?
COFFEE!
For as long as I remember I have drank coffee and have enjoyed it so much so, no milk, just sugar or black. For this reason I have decided to give up soda, diet coke specifically. I drink so much coffee that there is no need for added caffeine especially when I am exercising so much. I have come to the conclusion that it will make me drink more water. This indeed has worked for the past 2 months or so......until last night.
I snapped, I was sick of water and had already downed a pot a coffee earlier in the day so i decided to go for it. That case of lime diet coke had been taunting me ...just one, you know you want to....no one is gonna know. I chugged the whole can in probably less than 5 minutes. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't good. It was good, but it was not how I remember it.
I did not crave another one.

The running has been going well, I over did it on Tuesday with a 5 mile run followed by a 4 hour(40 mile) bike ride in 20mph winds. needless to say yesterday was my rest day instead of tomorrow. Today I was going for speed and I did it, 5 miles in 35 minutes, a 7 minute mile!!! It was so nice to not run into the wind.
There is a 5k in two weeks, and couple other bike rides and I want to get in at least 3 more races until the mini. I may have a running partner soon, I am very excited to have him train with me.

until next time my dear friends

No comments:

Post a Comment