Sunday, June 5, 2011

Some Like It Hot

Even though my mind was screaming at me to run, run, run, I had the confirmation that I thought that I needed to rest. That was hard to do, crawling out of my skin actually. I found a sweet lawn project to do(which came with a sweet sunburn) and rested.

Yesterday Roger and I were signed up for a 5k race, the Susan G. Komen race for the cure. His first ever 5k race and mine after not running in almost a week. It was good, hot, but good. My knee felt fine and I was so happy to be running, most of you will understand that feeling. I didn't want to stop at the 3mile marker, and I got in under 24minutes. My knee is sore today, which I fully expected but I feel good. I have a good plan to ease back in this week, I know that if I push too hard, I will re hurt myself or make the knee worse. So I'm gonna suck it up and go slow.

Ride the Drive is today and that is an awesome kick off to Madison's bike to work week, which I plan to do.

Since my focus has not been on my running, I got to cook and bake yesterday for a dinner party we had. Everything turned out awesome, and the company was fantastic. I really do love entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment